I ran a poll last month asking readers what some of the biggest sticking points were when it comes to generating cash flow online. Creating a product was one of the highest sticking points (at one time it was the most voted), so I decided to show how fast you can have a product created for you. I had one created for me, in record time – and not only that, but it’s already getting sales, with no promotions done on my part. It’s also not in the Internet Marketing niche. Here’s exactly how I did it…
Outsourcing a Kindle book the right way
There’s a right way and a wrong way to getting a Kindle book written for you (in my opinion).
The wrong way – hire someone on Elance or similar site and contract them to write the entire book. There are 3 reasons why this is the wrong way:
- It will cost you a lot. Probably $1,000 and up.
- It will take a long time. Because you’ve only hired one writer they may need a month or several months to write the book (depending on length).
- The one ghost writer (the person you hired) will have full access to the book content. Not a major problem, if you have a contract with them giving you full copyrights, but it’s still a concern for most.
The right way - hire a bunch of writers to write each section of the book for you. There are also 3 reasons why this is the right way:
- It will cost you a lot less. You can have short books written for $60 – $100 (yes, that cheap). And I’m talking quality content here. Researched, proof read and original content.
- You can have it written within days (even one day if you want to push it). I had each of my sections written within 48 – 72 hours. Think of it like this. Imagine for a minute you are an instructor at a university and you tell your students they each have a 2,000 word assignment on certain topics and the assignment is due in 2 days. Your 10 students go home and for the next 48 hours research their given topic. The assignment is then delievered to you on the due date. You now have 20,000 words of content. Enough for a quality researched book on just about any topic. That’s what this method is like. You simply give your team assignments and watch the work get done.
- Because each person is writing their own sections, you are the ONLY one who holds the entire book. You have all the pieces!
- This is huge – You can reject sections and have them rewritten (without paying anything) or fire the writer and slot in a new one. Because this is based on individual sections, it’s not a big deal if you have to replace someone. But if it’s one person writing the book, it is a big deal if you have to fire them, especially if they’ve already written some of it.
How did I do it
Here’s exactly how I did it…
I decided on my book topic. I’m interested in survival market (food storage, bug out bags, etc.), so we decided to do a book on bug out bags (I’ve started putting mine together and my older brother also knows a lot about it). My brothers (my younger brother came up with the title) and I brainstormed what each section would be and the bullet points for each section. We did this on our whiteboard. Each section heading and its bullet points was then given to individual writers, who were asked to provide 2,000 words (sometimes less) on the topic we had sent them.
Here’s an example of the actual instructions I sent to a writer for a selected topic:
– Consider weight – don’t make your bag too heavy with tools
– What are the must have tools
– What are optional tools
– Separate the two lists above (must have & optional) Thank you
I placed a 48 – 72 hour time limit on each section (you can shorten the time, but I like to give the writers some time for research and writing).
As each section came in I read it and approved it, if it was well written. If not, I would request a rewrite (which costs nothing) or fire the writer. I only had to fire one writer. If you fire a writer it also costs you nothing. Trust me, this is a no risk way to get quality books or content written for you.
Each section only cost $2.75 – $7.50 (yes, it’s that low cost).
The writers are from the US, so the English is great and content well researched.
Once each section was written I dropped it into a Google Doc and proof read it (making small tweaks).
The finished book was then uploaded directly to Kindle.
The cover was designed using Fiverr.com (I paid $5 for a great cover – the one you see above).
The book went live on Kindle a few days ago and has already started getting sales. I’ve done zero promotions for it so far.
Hands down if you have no online selling experience, this is probably the easiest way to start generating income online. Amazon handles everything for you and HireWriters.com writes the book for you. You just manage it and come up with the ideas!
You can check out the quality of the content by downloading a free sample of it from Amazon. I know the content was well researched, because I learned a lot from it, and I’ve already been studying this area for some time!
Resources I used
Can you do this?
Can you write out the bones (bullet points) of each section/chapter of a book and have it written in 72 hours? Sure you can. I just did it as an example and I’m planning on doing a lot more! Pick your topic, write the bones and give it to your team. Then you’ll have an almost instant asset!
Learn how to launch a Kindle Bestseller